Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 30 Weeks



I can't believe we are three quarters of the way there!

She is sticking her rear out in this picture, hence the slightly irregular shaped bump.

How far along? 30 weeks and 4 days
Due Date: September 23rd
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing some maternity clothing and some regular clothing. A lot of my loose tops still fit (like the shirt in this picture). I can still fit comfortably in one pair of pre-pregnancy jeans (although they don't button, obviously). I wear a lot of T-shirts and gym shorts.
Stretch marks? Not on my stomach...keep your fingers crossed that I survive unscathed!
Sleep: What is that? Haha, I might get four hours of sleep a night. I like sleeping on my right side, but baby girl hates it and squirms until I move. Don't worry, I make up for it with 20 minute (more like 3 or 4 hour) naps a few times a week.
Miss Anything? Nothing that I'd trade for this whole experience. Although, now that you mention it, I would love a turkey sub and a Mexican dish with queso (lunch meat and unpasteurized cheese are two no-no items). And I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again.
Movement: Um yeah, she's wild already! She likes to stick her butt out, kick her legs, and dog-paddle with her arms. She moves a lot when Nick talks to her and right after I drink anything cold.

Food cravings: Nothing that I didn't like before. A few items are definitely taking center stage currently though: apples, applesauce, apple juice (notice a pattern?), tomatoes and cucumbers, carrots, tortilla chips and salsa, sharp cheddar cheese.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Mainly just the heat. 
Gender: Baby Girl
Symptoms: Not too many. A few headaches and some third trimester nausea a few times a week. I'm not exhausted all the time, but I am definitely moving at a slower pace these days. Getting up off of the couch or floor is difficult, but I'm still pretty flexible (I can still put my hands flat on the floor in front of me, and I can almost get my feet behind my head). 
Exercise: I'm exercising 4 times a week on average. I either get up early and walk a three mile loop before it gets hot, or I complete a pregnancy workout dvd that includes cardio and weights (this dvd is no joke - think tons of squats, lunges, tricep extensions, lat pull downs, high kicks, etc.)
Belly Button: Half in, half out
Rings: Still on, my hands only swell after long walks in the heat.
Happy or Moody: Happy :)
Pregnancy Pet Peeve: I know it's sweet, but elderly people in public act like I am disabled or something. People always tell me to go home and sit down. The other day when I was in line holding peanut butter and eggs, the lady in front of me said, "Put your things down, rest your hand!" I may be "in delicate condition", but I'm not going to break! People do hold doors for pregnant women and let them pass them in the grocery line, so those are two perks. Oh, and any rude or insensitive comments. The baby is getting big, not me!
Best Moment this Week: I assembled her dresser all by myself and it looks great! Also, my iron has been low throughout my pregnancy, and as of this week it is back on track, which I am thankful for.
Looking forward to: Our shower this Saturday! And meeting our little girl, of course! I really want to know what she looks like. Nick had a head full of hair, but I was bald until I was two, so who knows?
What is baby up to? She is practicing breathing by filling her lungs with amniotic fluid. Little girl is almost constantly on the move, and is already head down (she's smart like that). She can blink, suck, grasp, and flex all of her joints. She can hear voices and jumps in response to loud noises (dogs barking). She does not like ice packs (if her feet are under my ribs, this will get her to move them away). She also has the hiccups almost everyday lately, which is pretty comical. Her lungs and bowels are in the final stages of development, and she is starting to gain weight (she's about 2.5 pounds, and will likely gain between 4 and 6 more).

No comments:

Post a Comment